This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
You must be over 18 to register for a personal account and place an order with The Elementary Beauty Company. You must be over 16 to subscribe to our newsletters.
Who we are
Ebmac UK Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under register number 10175354. Our registered address is 1 Southfields, Hextable, Kent, BR8 7QX, United Kingdom. We trade under the name of The Elementary Beauty Company. We can be contacted by mail at the above address and by email firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Profile Information includes first name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history, your favourite products, wish list, brand preferences, contact with the Customer Care Team, and any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our marketing partners and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
We collect information when you
- register for an account with us (whether online or over the phone);
- place an order;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- register for any loyalty scheme that we offer from time to time;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Care Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
We collect your personal information to
- reply to your enquiries and requests for information;
- receive, process and deliver orders submitted by you;
- take payments and give refunds
- customise the service we provide to you;
- carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- verify your identity;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- carry out market research and tracking of sales data;
- send you newsletters, surveys or other information about our products and services by post, e-mail or SMS – for more details please refer to Marketing Section further below.
- publish on the Site, at our discretion, your Submission comments.
Disclosing your information to others
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are legally entitled or required by law to do so.
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media Sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- We may also share your personal information with:
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity. If this is ever the case, we will always ensure that steps have first been taken to guarantee that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
LOG FILES/IP ADDRESSES
When you visit our Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet). We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect broad demographic information for statistics use. Your IP address is also logged when you make a purchase as a fraud prevention measure required by the payment gateway, Sage Pay.
INFORMATION PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our Site. This information facilitates your use of our Site and helps us to understand how our Site is used. You can erase or block cookies from your computer if you want to (your help screen or manual should tell you how to do this), but certain Elementary Beauty services may not work correctly or at all if you set your browser not to accept cookies.
MARKETING INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We may use your information to decide which products, services and offers may be of interest and/or relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this by sending an e-mail message titled “Marketing Unsubscribe” to email@example.com or you can simply click on UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of any email marketing you receive from us.
Please note that active customers will continue to receive order and account communications from us.
KEEPING OUR RECORDS ACCURATE
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, or you would like to remove your published Submission from the Site you may do so at any time by using the Contact Us page on this Site.
You should be aware that the internet is an insecure environment. We have implemented technology and employee policies to help safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. We will continue to update these measures, as appropriate, when new technology becomes available.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other third-party sites, or for advertisers on our site, even if you access them using links from our Site and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. In addition, if you linked to our Site from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and we recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We may need, as part of the services offered to you though our Site, to communicate your details outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA.
We are obliged to satisfy ourselves before transferring your information to a country outside the EEA that it provides adequate protection for your data protection rights. The EEA comprises of the EU countries and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Countries outside the EEA may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA.
If we do transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights remain adequately protected.
At any time, you have the right to:
- request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- rectify your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described in the marketing information section;
- restrict processing of your information;
- data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change. You can access, update or correct your personal account details via the "My Account" section of the Site.
DATA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
We would gladly assist in any data subject access requests free of charge.
Data subject access requests must be made in writing and we advise emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure action is promptly taken.
Please include the following:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates
We may ask for further information to identify you and ensure the personal data relates to the individual making the request.
We will respond within one month of receiving the information we require to carry out your request.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.comYou are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you free of charge and can ask for that information to be corrected or erased where appropriate.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY